The morning session considered the topic of Gender Based Violence.
In the afternoon, the members of the Citizens’ Assembly discussed the follow up to the Assembly’s meeting on Care held on 16 January 2021, for more information click here.
Dr Catherine Day provided feedback on breakout groups' discussions, a video can be watched here.
Please note that the information in the presentations and papers and its interpretation is based on the specialist expertise of the speakers who are independent of the Assembly and its Chair and Secretariat.
1. Dr Monica O’Connor, UCD: Gender based Violence and Gender Equality. Her video presentation was accompanied by a slideshow presentation.
2. Dr Pauline Cullen, Maynooth University: Public submissions on Gender Based Violence. Her video presentation was accompanied by a slideshow presentation & Paper.
A recommendations slide & paper has been submitted by each speaker and can be accessed by clicking on their Organisation.
3. Advocacy Panel 1: Noeline Blackwell, Dublin Rape Crisis Centre; Sean Cooke, Men’s Development Network, Mary McDermott, Safe Ireland. Moderated by Dr Gráinne Healy
4. Advocacy Panel 2: Sarah Benson, Women’s Aid; Caroline Munyi, AkiDwA, Dr Clíona Saidléar, Rape Crisis Network Ireland. Moderated by Dr Gráinne Healy
5. Lorna Fitzpatrick, President USI in conversation with Sandra Healy, DCU: Framework for Consent in Higher Education Institutions. Her video presentation was accompanied by a paper.
10 am Dr Catherine Day opening the morning session, a video can be watched here.
Gender Based Violence
10.10 am Dr Monica O’Connor, UCD: Gender based Violence and Gender Equality. Her video presentation was accompanied by a slideshow presentation.
10.25 am Q & A with Dr. Monica O’Connor, a video can be watched here.
10.40 am Breakout Group Discussion Private
12 pm Lunch
Discussion of care recommendations for ballot paper - afternoon in private session