The submissions process on the Eighth Amendment of the Constitution is now closed.
Submissions were accepted from the 14 October 2016 to 5pm on 16 December 2016. Postal submissions received after the 16 December are not being accepted.
The submissions received will become available on the website on a rolling basis.
Submissions on the Assembly’s remaining topics will be accepted in due course.
The following rules apply in respect of submissions received by the Assembly:
- The Assembly welcomes submissions from Irish citizens and non-citizens living in Ireland or living abroad.
- All submissions received will be published on the website and displayed with a full name (first name, surname)/name of organisation, if appropriate.
- Anonymous submissions will not be accepted.
- In the case of personal stories and sensitive submissions, all personal data and related identifiable details will be removed or redacted if requested.
- Each submission received either on our website or by post, will be treated as an individual submission and include any or all signatures to that submission. If, for example, a submission is received with twenty signatures it will be treated as one submission. If the same submission is received twenty times, each signed individually, they will be treated as twenty submissions.
- The Citizens' Assembly reserves the right not to accept a submission if it is deemed offensive or inappropriate.
In accordance with the Assembly’s agreed rules and procedures, following receipt of submissions on any matter, the Assembly may choose to hear oral presentations from any representative group or individual to assist in its deliberations.
DISCLAIMER: Submissions on this website are published for information purposes only and publication is not an endorsement by the Assembly of any views expressed therein. For further information, click here.