Fixed Term Parliaments
The submissions process on "Fixed Term Parliaments" is now closed.
Submissions were accepted until 12pm on 23 February 2018. Click here to view submissions received.
Additional information is available here.
The following rules apply in respect of submissions received by the Assembly:
- The Assembly welcomes submissions from Irish citizens and non-citizens living in Ireland or living abroad.
- All submissions received will be published on the website and displayed with a full name (first name, surname)/name of organisation, if appropriate.
- Anonymous submissions will not be accepted. Submissions made with just a first name listed will not be published. Equally, submissions received with an initial and surname (e.g. J Smyth) will not be published. Exception: Submissions received with a series of initials that are commonly recognised as being a name (i.e. JP, PJ, AP) and a surname can be published.
- In the case of personal stories and sensitive submissions, all personal data and related identifiable details will be removed or redacted if requested.
- Each submission received either on our website or by post, will be treated as an individual submission and include any or all signatures to that submission. If, for example, a submission is received with twenty signatures it will be treated as one submission. If the same submission is received twenty times, each signed individually, they will be treated as twenty submissions.
- The Citizens' Assembly reserves the right not to accept a submission if it is deemed offensive or inappropriate.
In accordance with the Assembly’s agreed rules and procedures, following receipt of submissions on any matter, the Assembly may choose to hear oral presentations from any representative group or individual to assist in its deliberations.