The Citizens’ Assembly is committed to protecting the rights and privacy of all individuals in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, as given further effect in Part 3 of the Data Protection Act 2018, and any personal information that you volunteer will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with these legislative provisions.
The Citizens’ Assembly only collects the information that you volunteer to us. This includes:
- The personal information you provide as part of our submissions process;
- Information sent by email or provided over the phone.
Any information that you provide is used only in line with the purpose for which you provided it.
For general web browsing no personal information is revealed to us, although certain statistical information is available to us via our internet service provider. This information may include
- - The logical address of the server you are using
- - The top level domain name from which you access the Internet (for example, .ie, com, .org etc.)
- - The type of browser you are using.
- - The date and time you access our site
- - The Internet address used to link to our site
Some of the above information is used to create summary statistics which allow us to assess the number of visitors to our site, identify what pages are accessed most frequently and generally, help us to make our site more user-friendly.
Social Media – cookies may be used by some third party sites such as Twitter.
Learn more about the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
If you have any concerns about the way in which we process your personal data, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org